When you go to a play, you go for the production, the acting, the story, the themes, or some combination of these. If you see plays for the production, go see the Undergraduate Theater Society’s (UTS) performance of ‘Five Flights,’ written by Canadian playwright Adam Bock. If you see plays primarily for the plot, don’t bother.
With its current reserve funding of $1.2 billion, a debate is raging over whether the UW should spend some of that to lower tuition or invest it to make more money in the long term. In 1990, the state of Washington provided about 80 percent of the funding per UW student and students covered the remaining 20 percent. In 2011, it provided about 30 percent while students covered 70 percent.