Pac-12 power rankings: Football

ASJ power rankings

ASJ power rankings -

Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins, quarterback Keith Price, and the UW offense struggled last week against Arizona State, getting a season-low 212 yards.

Photo by Joshua Bessex

1. No. 3 Oregon (7-0, 4-0)

Another week, another Oregon victory, and another crazy uniform combination. College GameDay is heading over to Eugene, Ore., this week for the matchup against the Ducks and the Bruins, so I can only imagine what Phil Knight will have the Ducks pull out of the closet this Saturday.

2. No. 6 Stanford (6-1, 4-1)

The Cardinal bounced back in a big way last week, smothering UCLA with a physical running game and a suffocating defense to get back into the Pac-12 title race. The big game’s coming in two weeks when Stanford and Oregon face off in Palo Alto, Calif.

3. No. 12 UCLA (5-1, 2-1)

The Bruins had a misstep last week against Stanford but are still a power in the Pac-12 South. UCLA’s defense is ranked 18th in the nation in points allowed and will be up against its biggest test of the year in Oregon this Saturday.

4. Arizona State (5-2, 3-1)

The Sun Devil offense is high-powered and explosive, which the Huskies now know first-hand. And Arizona State’s pass rush shredded the UW offensive line like a block of cheese.

5. No. 25 Oregon State (6-1, 4-0)

Sure, the Beavers are undefeated since losing their opener to Eastern Washington. On the other hand, their four Pac-12 wins have come against teams with a combined 3-16 record. Oregon State can show what it’s made of this week against Stanford.

6. Washington (4-3, 1-3)

The Huskies flew a little too close to the Sun (Devils) and got burned for it in a big way. All season, Steve Sarkisian has said this year’s team is different from past teams. For the first four games, it looked like his word was true. Now, here they are with yet another three-game losing streak in the middle of the season. The broken record continues.

7. Washington State (4-4, 2-3)

Someone get Connor Halliday the largest bag of ice you possibly can. The WSU quarterback threw an NCAA-record 89 passes against Oregon last week.

8. Arizona (4-2, 1-2)

The Wildcats got their first Pac-12 win last weekend, taking down Utah, and probably have two more coming right up with two road games against Colorado and California. While these next two weeks could give Arizona some good momentum going into a matchup with UCLA on Nov. 9.

9. Utah (4-3, 1-3)

What to make of the Utes? They beat Stanford then lost to Arizona the very next week. I just never know which team is going to show up each Saturday, which does not bode well in their evaluations.

10. USC (4-3, 1-2 Pac-12)

Notre Dame outlasted the Trojans last week to get its first home win in the rivalry since 2001. With the health of superstar wide receiver Marqise Lee and leading rusher Tre Madden in limbo, it could be a long and difficult climb back up to the top for USC.

11. Colorado (3-3, 0-3)

A 43-10 win against Charleston Southern means nothing in the power rankings, even if it does count toward Colorado’s potential bowl eligibility.

12. California (1-6, 0-4)

So in this new “Bear raid” offense, what are the Bears supposed to be raiding exactly? Because it’s definitely not the scoreboard or the wins column.

Reach Sports Editor Thuc Nhi Nguyen at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @thucnhi21