By the numbers countdown to kickoff: 8

8 days: Austin Seferian-Jenkins ranked eighth in the conference in receiving yards per game and receptions per game last season

The first game of the football season is just around the corner, and to celebrate, we're diving into the record books. Count down the final 10 days before the Washington football team takes on Boise State on Aug. 31 as we get ready for the season with the help of some key statistics.

10 years since the Huskies have returned a punt for a touchdown

9 field goals made by Travis Coons last season

8: Austin Seferian-Jenkins ranked eighth in the Pac-12 in receiving yards per game and receptions per game last year

Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins simply tore up the record books in his sophomore season. Last year, he was eighth in the conference in receiving yards per game with 65.5 yards per contest, and eighth in the conference in receptions per game, which made him the most prolific pass catching tight end in the Pac-12. Of the six receiving records for tight ends at the UW, Seferian-Jenkins owns five of them (touchdown receptions, receiving yards in a season, receiving yards in a career, receptions in a season, and receptions in a career). And he’s only been playing for two years. However, the encore to his stellar sophomore campaign could be delayed.

The status for Seferian-Jenkins in the season opener is uncertain after he fractured his right pinkie finger during practice on Aug. 12. He got surgery for it Aug. 15.

Head coach Steve Sarkisian won’t confirm his status for the Aug. 31 game against Boise State, but Seferian-Jenkins’ quarterback seems pretty confident about it.

“He’ll be back,” Price said last week soon after Seferian-Jenkins got surgery. “He’ll be back.”

The Huskies hope Price is right in this case.

Reach Sports Editor Thuc Nhi Nguyen at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @thucnhi21