Pac-12 Power Rankings: Women's basketball

1. No. 4 Stanford (20-1, 11-0 Pac-12): As the season progresses, the gap between the Cardinal and the rest of the conference is only growing wider. This week, Stanford ground out a tough win over Arizona State on Thursday, before blowing Arizona out of the water in a 91-51 embarrassment Saturday.

2. California (17-6, 8-3): While the UW’s Jazmine Davis was averaging 24.5 points per game over the weekend, Brittany Boyd, Cal’s own point-guard wunderkind, was staking her own claim to Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors with 19 points, 10 steals, six rebounds, and six assists against Arizona State.

3. UCLA (12-10, 7-4): In the first 39:10 of their weekend, the Bruins were outscored 63-56. Between their miraculous comeback in the closing seconds against Washington on Thursday and their blowout win over Washington State on Saturday, they outscored their opponents 96-62 in the weekend’s last 40:50.

4. Oregon State (15-7, 6-5): The Beavers have been the streakiest team in the Pac-12 this season. They won nine of their first 10 games, followed that by losing six of their past eight, and have now won four in a row.

5. Oregon (13-10, 5-6): Good teams take advantage of the soft spots in their schedules. The Ducks did just that last weekend, handling both Utah and Colorado by five points at home. With the Washington schools on this week’s slate, Oregon has another prime opportunity.

6. Arizona State (15-7, 6-5): Losses to Stanford and Cal snapped the Sun Devils’ five-game winning streak. It’s tough to dock them too much for falling to the Pac-12’s two best teams, though.

7. Washington (12-9, 4-7): Forget best freshman — so far, Jazmine Davis might be the best player of any age in the Pac-12 this year. She ranks second in the conference in scoring in Pac-12 games, averaging 18.5 points per contest, trailing only Stanford’s Nnemkadi Ogwumike and her 20.3 scoring average.

8. USC (12-10, 6-5): Washington native Ashley Corral has made more 3-pointers (32) in Pac-12 play than anyone else in the conference. Talk about one that got away from former UW coach Tia Jackson.

9. Colorado (15-7, 4-7): The good vibes of Colorado’s 12-0 start have now just about completely evaporated. The Buffaloes are just 3-7 in their last 10 games and now are probably on the outside looking in on the NCAA tournament bubble.

10. Washington State (10-13, 4-7): The Cougars have won only two games in 2012, and those victories came against the two teams below them in these rankings. Head coach June Daugherty’s squad has hung with some of the better teams in the Pac-12, but they’re just not good enough yet to tough out wins against better competition.

11. Utah (10-12, 3-8): The Utes’ injury troubles reached a low point during Saturday’s loss to Oregon State, when only five Utah players attempted a shot and three players were on the floor for 39 minutes or longer. It’s tough to win in this league with that little depth.

12. Arizona (13-10, 2-9): What happens when you shoot 29 percent and let your opponents shoot 50 percent? The Wildcats found out Saturday, and it wasn’t pretty. They were outscored by exactly 20 points in each half by Stanford.

Reach reporter Kevin Dowd at sports@dailyuw.com or on Twitter @kevindowd.