Donors thanked at Paccar Hall dedication

Mark Pigott, CEO of Paccar Inc., and Jim Jiambalvo, dean of Foster Business School, cut the ribbon together at the dedication ceremony for the new business school building Paccar Hall.

Paccar Hall, the first phase of the new Foster School of Business building complex that opened earlier this year, was officially dedicated on Friday with dozens of donors and Foster alumni at the event.

Jim Jiambalvo, dean of the business school, hosted the dedication and thanked all of the individuals present for their contributions, which totaled nearly $95 million of privately funded money.

“It’s an opportunity to thank the more than 100 donors [who helped make] this building … become a reality,” Jiambalvo said. “It’s a way to celebrate our future in one of the best business schools in the country.”

Pete Dukes, chairman of the Foster School of Business building committee, said that the most rewarding part about Paccar Hall is watching students use the facility the way it was envisioned.

“It feels really good to see the building come to life as we expected it to,” Dukes said. “It just feels so satisfying, and it’s been a celebration of what I’ve been watching take place in the building over the past few weeks.”

Phase two of the new business complex has already begun: Balmer Hall is slowly being gutted before the building is torn down to make way for a new facility. Construction of the new $46.8 million building will begin around January of next year.

Reach reporter Nick Visser at news@dailyuw.com.