NCAA qualifying marks keep mounting for Huskies

The Washington pole-vaulters stole the show this weekend at the Oregon Invitational. Seniors Seth Perrins and Carly Dockendorf became the fifth and sixth Huskies in two days to record NCAA qualifying marks.

In addition to Dockendorf and Perrins, the UW track and field team returned home from Eugene, Ore., having qualified 21 athletes for the NCAA Regional meet.

Dockendorf soared to an outdoor season-best height of 12 feet, 9.5 inches. Already a four-time NCAA Championships' competitor, Dockendorf is hoping for a top-eight finish at this year's NCAA with an indoor best vault of 13 feet 7.75 inches.

Perrins also vaulted to new heights in Eugene and earned himself a first-place finish at the meet. His vault of 16 feet 6.75 inches matched the Regional qualifying standard and tied him for 11th in the conference standings.

Another Husky event winner was sophomore javelin thrower Dave Nyland. His lifetime best throw of 200 feet was something only one other Husky thrower has done this year.

Other notable performances came from the distance runners. Sophomore Austin Abbott, junior Amy Lia and freshman Anita Campbell all bettered their NCAA Regional qualifying marks. Senior Tiffany Zahn did likewise in the javelin.

Junior Martin Bingisser also threw a personal best in the hammer of 211 feet 1 inch, and senior Lauren Dignam ran a season best in the 200 meters with a time of 24.54 seconds.

The Huskies will travel to Pullman next weekend to compete against the Cougars in the dual meet versus WSU.

Reach Daily reporter Rebecca Rogers at [url='mailto:rebeccarogers@thedaily.washington.edu']rebeccarogers@thedaily.washington.edu[/url]