Hansee Hall Ball Celebrates 25th Anniversary

Friday, May 15, 1998

News

Annie Klein

Contributing Reporter

Hansee Hall will abandon its 24-hour quiet-hours policy tomorrow at its 25th annual Spring Ball    Aside from Homecoming, the Ball is the only semiformal event open to all UW students.     "This is a long-standing event with a proud history," said Jayme Stubbs, Hansee Hall president.    This year's theme is classic movies from the '20s through the '40s. The event is semiformal, and attendees are invited to dress up in costumes representing the Swing era.    The dance's sponsors, Hansee Action!, the Residence Hall Student Association and the ASUW, provide about 70 percent of the funding necessary to put on the event. Ticket sales make up for the rest. This year the ASUW cut back the amount of money it usually allots to this function, partly because of a general lack of funds. Ball organizers made up the difference in contributions from the other sponsors.    The Ball will be held tomorrow from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the Austin Lounge in Hansee Hall. Organizers expect an attendance of about 125.    Tickets are on sale now at the HUB Ticket Office and at the front desks of McMahon, Haggett, McCarty and Terry halls. The cost is $6 per person and $10 for couples.

Copyright © 1998 The Daily University of Washington Send Feedback | daily@u.washington.edu | dailyweb@u.washington.edu